Welcome to Tri County Community Action
Tri County Community Action, part of America's Poverty Fighting Network, has been helping people and changing lives across Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties since 1966.
Last year alone we:
- Assisted over 13,000 families across the tri county area.
- Provided over 6,500 referrals for emergency assistance.
- Kept 26 at-risk youth out of the juvenile justice system.
- Hosted poverty simulations across the region; raising awareness of the causes, crossroads, and challenges faced by those living in poverty.
- Picked up more than 80 tons of trash from the city of Harrisburg through our partnership with Clean and Green's Great Harrisburg Cleanup.
Supporting Families, Strengthening Communities, & Eliminating Poverty
With a comprehensive approach to individual, family, and community success, we offer programs to support every step out of povery and toward self-sufficiency:
- PPL OnTrack Program offering income qualified electric utility customers budgeting and account support.
- Across Ages Mentoring for at-risk Harrisburg city youth.
- Family support through Family Center - In-home & classroom instruction to manage home, life, and children.
- Housing & Foreclosure assistance as well as First Time Home Buyer seminars and credit counseling.
- The Prosperity Center at our main office on Derry Street offering computer, internet, and printing services for employment, housing, and assistance applications.