Current Internship & Volunteer Opportunities
Northern Dauphin County Van Driver
Do you have a license, a flexible schedule, and a good driving record? We need you! Our Van Program for Northern Dauphin County offers much needed transportation services in an underserved area. The trips are for non-emergency medical visits, and on a limited basis to the grocery store or to work.
- Your task: drive 10 - 15 hours a week, get people to their appointments on time, and enjoy their company!
We need help seeing places where we are successful, and where we can improve. We need people who can:
- Conduct and compile client satisfaction surveys.
- Dig deep into community indicators of poverty and financial growth and analyze the results.
- Research how much vacancy and abandonment of buildings costs the city in terms of lost taxes from tax delinquency, diminished property values, code enforcement, public works cleanup etc.
- Analyze the costs of implementing and ongoing maintenance of reseeding vacant lots with low-maintenance alternatives and installing fencing, compared to the maintenance and cleanup costs of a traditional lot. Also investigate other potential reseeding benefits such as crime reduction, adjacent property improvements, and increased property values.
People are our purpose, and we want to share their stories!
- Client Storytelling: interviewing program participants to help us better tell their story, their struggles, and celebrate their successes.
- Human Services Study: Spend time in each of our programs, learning how and why relationships are important to achieve lasting success. This is a great volunteer position for someone wanting to work in the direct social services field.
- Help to develop and prepare standard operating procedures for agency functions. This is a great volunteer opportunity for someone going into social services administration, or who has social services administration experience. This opportunity will allow you to learn about the behind-the-scenes work that make our programs possible.