Current Internship & Volunteer Opportunities
Northern Dauphin County Van Driver
In Northern Dauphin County, transportation is a huge concern for many residents. Our Northern Dauphin County Van program is standing by to help people who have no other transportation to get to non-emergency medical appointments, to and from work, and to access healthy food. We have the van ready, but we need one thing – volunteer drivers.
If you are between the ages of 18 and 69, and have a valid license and good driving record, you can join our team! Volunteer as few or as many hours as your schedule permits, Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 8 PM. Any time you give will enable people to visit their doctors, earn a living, and feed their families.
We need help seeing places where we are successful, and where we can improve. We need people who can:
- Conduct and compile client satisfaction surveys.
- Dig deep into community indicators of poverty and financial growth and analyze the results.
- Research how much vacancy and abandonment of buildings costs the city in terms of lost taxes from tax delinquency, diminished property values, code enforcement, public works cleanup etc.
- Analyze the costs of implementing and ongoing maintenance of reseeding vacant lots with low-maintenance alternatives and installing fencing, compared to the maintenance and cleanup costs of a traditional lot. Also investigate other potential reseeding benefits such as crime reduction, adjacent property improvements, and increased property values.
People are our purpose, and we want to share their stories!
- Client Storytelling: interviewing program participants to help us better tell their story, their struggles, and celebrate their successes.
- Human Services Study: Spend time in each of our programs, learning how and why relationships are important to achieve lasting success. This is a great volunteer position for someone wanting to work in the direct social services field.
- Help to develop and prepare standard operating procedures for agency functions. This is a great volunteer opportunity for someone going into social services administration, or who has social services administration experience. This opportunity will allow you to learn about the behind-the-scenes work that make our programs possible.