Your neighbors need your help!
Northern Dauphin County is a beautiful rural area, which unfortunately is lacking in transportation services. It was this need that inspired the collaboration between Tri County Community Action and Dauphin County, to establish the Northern Dauphin Transportation Service (NDTS). The NDTS is driven by volunteers, and takes individuals or families for non-emergency medical visits, to and from work, and to grocery stores or food banks.
We are currently seeking volunteer drivers for the van program: if you are above the age of 18, and have a valid license and good driving record, you can join our team! Volunteer as few or as many hours as your schedule permits, Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 8 PM. Any time you give will enable people to visit their doctors, earn a living, and feed their families.
For further details, or to request a ride, contact 717-232-9757.
We will be taking the following steps to mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
1. All volunteers and passengers will have temperature taken and recorded for each trip.
2. All volunteers and passengers must wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth in the van.
3. Hand sanitizer will be available for both passengers and volunteer drivers.
4. People with signs of illness will not be transported.
5. Any passengers that do not feel well should not travel with us. We ask all passengers to notify the NDTS. Cancellations in that instance will not count against the rider.
6. Only one family will be scheduled to travel at a time.
7. Volunteer drivers will not be able to help passengers into the van.