Great Harrisburg Litter Cleanup
The Great Harrisburg Litter Cleanup is an initiative of Tri County Community Action, the affiliate organization for Keep Harrisburg/Dauphin County Beautiful.
We believe effective and sustainable change starts and ends with the involvement of the entire community, which is why we need your help. Let's unite as a community to make Harrisburg a cleaner and safer place to live, work, and play.
Pre-registration is highly encouraged. Volunteer T-shirts will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Litter Picker: volunteer to pick up litter at a site | Time needed: 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Site Coordinator: sign-in volunteers at a cleanup registration site, distribute equipment, and hand out snacks | Time needed: 7:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Truck Driver: transport bags of litter to dumpster sites and distribute water to litter pickers. You must have your own truck and a valid driver's license. Please bring your driver's license on the day of the event. Must be able to lift 15 lbs. | Time needed: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Dumpster Monitor: transfers bags of litter from trucks to dumpsters. Do not accept bulk items. Must be able to lift 15 lbs. repeatedly | Time needed: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Allison Hill: Tri County Community Action, 1514 Derry Street, Harrisburg, PA 17104
- Midtown: 329 Harris Street, Harrisburg, PA 17102
- Uptown: Wesley Union AME Zion Church, 5th & Camp Streets, Harrisburg, PA 17101
* Check-in for litter pickers, truck drivers, and dumpster monitors starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 8:30 a.m. You MUST come to the check-in site to sign in and pick up the equipment the day of the event.
* Site coordinators are needed at 7:00 a.m. to help with set up and prepare for check-in.
* After the event, you must return to the check-in site to drop off your equipment.