Tri County Community Action is proud to introduce its upcoming "Families in Recovery" series, a vital initiative aimed at providing essential support and education to families grappling with addiction and embarking on the path to recovery.
Addiction is a complex and challenging issue that impacts individuals and their loved ones. The "Families in Recovery" program has been carefully developed to address these issues comprehensively. The core objectives of the program are to empower participants to:
1. Identify Strengths, Needs, and Resiliencies: This component helps individuals and families recognize their inner strengths and areas for improvement.
2. Balance Parenting and Personal Recovery: It explores the delicate equilibrium between being a healthy parent and maintaining one's personal recovery.
3. Promote Effective Parenting and Communication Families are equipped with the skills necessary for effective parenting and improved communication within the family unit.
4. Develop Healthy Coping Skills: Participants are encouraged to develop healthy coping mechanisms and self-care practices.
5. Confront Feelings of Guilt, Shame, and Stigma: The program provides a safe space to address and overcome feelings of guilt, shame, and the stigma associated with addiction.
6. Create a Personalized Family Blueprint: Collaboratively, families create a customized family blueprint for overall wellness and recovery.
The "Families in Recovery" program is open and free of charge to eligible family members residing in Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry counties. Eligible participants encompass parents/caregivers actively engaged in the recovery process, adult family members currently navigating addiction recovery, and adult family members supporting loved ones on their journey through addiction.
The program spans eight sessions, scheduled every Tuesday from October 3rd to November 21st. To make participation more accessible for parents, childcare assistance will be provided, with parents receiving $20 in cash following each attended session.
Due to limited availability, interested individuals are encouraged to promptly secure their spot in the upcoming "Families in Recovery" series by registering on Tri County Community Action's website at www.cactricounty.org/recovery.
Tri County Community Action is dedicated to strengthening families and communities, and the "Families in Recovery" series is an integral step toward fostering hope, resilience, and well-being in families affected by addiction.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Tri County Community Action
717-232-9757, extension 101